The limitation period for tax liabilities is reduced from 5 to 3 years
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- According to new presidential resolution, the following is prohibited during a desk tax audit:
- access to the territory of the taxpayer;
- inspection of the territory and premises of the taxpayer;
- requesting documents from the taxpayer and calling him;
- seizure of documents and objects of the taxpayer.
From 1 January 2024:
- cases involving tax authorities, considered by economic courts, are transferred to the jurisdiction of administrative courts;
- the limitation period for a tax liability is reduced from five to three years;
- when a court decision is issued on the recovery of debts on loans allocated to the population and business entities, the accrual of interest and penalties on these loans is terminated;
- a procedure is established that, in the event of insufficiency of the amount of payment to fulfill credit obligations, the direction of funds, first of all, for the commensurate repayment of the overdue principal debt and interest debt, in the second place, the interest accrued on the current payment and the principal debt, in subsequent queues, penalties and execution costs.