Republican specialized sports school for winter sports to be created in Uzbekistan
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- A Presidential resolution “On the comprehensive training of athletes of Uzbekistan for the XXV Winter Olympic and XIV Paralympic Games held in the cities of Milan and Cortina d’Ampezzo (Italy) in 2026” was adopted.
The resolution approved the Program for the Comprehensive Training of Athletes of Uzbekistan for the XXV Winter Olympic and XIV Paralympic Games held in the cities of Milan and Cortina d’Ampezzo (Italy) in 2026, as well as the Targets for training and the Contingent of preparatory national teams of Uzbekistan.
The Program will carry out:
- construction of a modern ice palace on the territory of the Uzbek State University of Physical Culture and Sports;
- creation of an Olympic training center for 60 places for members of the national winter sports team in the Tashkent region;
- creation of the Republican specialized sports school for winter sports in the city of Tashkent.
From 2023, it is planned to annually allocate funds in the amount of up to 15 billion soums for sports included in the program of the Winter Olympic Games (republican and international sports competitions, training camps, championships and cups of Asia and the world).
Athletes of Uzbekistan who have become winners and prize-winners of the Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games are encouraged by a one-time cash prize in the amount established by law.
Also, the following regions specialize in their respective sports:
- Andijan, Samarkand, Surkhandarya, Ferghana regions and the city of Tashkent - figure skating, hockey, short track, curling, para hockey, para curling;
- mountainous regions of Jizzakh, Kashkadarya, Namangan, Surkhandarya and Tashkent regions - skiing, snowboarding, freestyle, ski-alpinism, paramountain skiing, parasnowboarding.