Gastronomic tourism: Uzbek chefs win prizes at the festival in Istanbul
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- The 18th International Gastronomic Culinary Festival was held in Istanbul, where representatives of the Association of Chefs of Uzbekistan took part and, following the results of all 4 days of the festival, won 8 gold, 5 silver, 3 bronze medals.
The festival was attended by chefs from around the world, as well as world-class judges from different parts of the world, such as Uzbekistan, Iran, Tunisia, Kyrgyzstan, Germany, Croatia, Serbia, Azerbaijan, Turkey and many others.
The active participation of Uzbeks in world competitions and championships will help popularize gastronomic tourism, and attract a large number of foreign gourmets to Uzbekistan, as well as provide additional income from the tourism industry.
On the very first day of the culinary championship, the team of the Association of Chefs of Uzbekistan won 2 gold and 2 silver medals:
1. Tulaganov Umriniso - Modern cuisine - gold - dessert - gold - black box - silver
2. Abdukadirov Javokhir - modern cuisine - gold - dessert - gold - black box - silver
3. Al-Zaben Alina - (junior) in the nomination fish - gold
4. Kudratov Bilol - modern kitchen - bronze;
5. Khamidullaev Said’azamkhon meat - bronze.
6. Orazbayeva Sarbinaz - (junior) in the nomination fish - gold
7. Sultanov Davron - (junior) in the nomination fish - silver
8. Usmanoliyev Abdulaziz - dessert - gold
9. Fatkhulaev Firdavs - dessert - gold - black box - silver
Prize-winning places taken by Uzbeks on the basis of tough competitive nominations of the jury, consisting of world-famous culinary specialists of the world, is evidence of the high achievements of Uzbek cuisine, the abilities of the country’s young generation, which carry the traditions of Uzbekistan to the world community at a decent level.
Since 2010 the Association of Chefs of Uzbekistan has been an official member of the World Association of Chefs Societies, which is an organization of professionals whose goal is to preserve and improve the culinary standards of world cuisine. Since its foundation, the Association of Chefs of Uzbekistan has been providing comprehensive support to all public catering organizations on the issues of training and retraining of personnel, providing information and advisory services on the introduction of technological processes for the operation of a public catering point.