What was the reason for Shahram Giyasov’s return to amateur boxing?
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) - Among the boxers who take part in a training camp at the Yangiabad base in Tashkent region, there is also Shahram Giyasov. Of course, many people wonder why a professional boxer trains with amateurs. We asked Giyasov about his return to amateur boxing and plans for the future.
- Why did you return to amateur boxing again? What caused it?
- The reason was the "challenge" that I threw myself. After I started performing in the professional ring, many people think that I have completely become a professional. My goal is to achieve high results both in professional and amateur boxing. I have to prove that all this time I worked for a reason and gave up a lot. When I set a goal, I must achieve it. Now I want to raise the flag of our country and win the gold medal. This is my "challenge".
- When will you return to the professional ring?
- I hope that I will reach the final of the World Championship and win gold. After that I will leave for the USA within 3-4 days.
- Now in sparring you work more with Iglesias. A lot of time has passed since your fight and, of course, you are now not fully revealing yourself to each other. However, can you feel any changes in your opponent?
- It’s been 4 years since our last fight. Over the years, he gained good experience in amateur boxing, became an Olympic champion. And I entered the professional ring 11 times. He is a very worthy opponent. We have encountered 3 times so far. Yes, we have not yet fully revealed ourselves to each other, we are trying to keep our secrets. Everything will be decided in the ring.
- How do you feel looking into each other’s eyes? Let’s say during sparring.
- Laughter (laughs). If we look seriously, we will definitely laugh. We already know each other very well. If we enter the ring together, the winner will be the one who will have the advantage in physical and psychological terms.
- In professional boxing, Akhmadaliev has already won championship belts, Madrimov is becoming a mandatory contender. When is your turn?
- We are planning next year. I hope that in 2022 I will achieve what I want and win the title of champion.
- We wish you good luck and bright victories!