The UNDP’s "ICT Policy" project with assistance of Communication and Information Agency of Uzbekistan (UzACI) has prepared the Report on analysis of progress made by Uzbekistan in implementing the decisions of the World Summits on the Information Society (WSIS stocktaking) conducted in Geneva and Tunis in 2003 and 2005 accordingly.
The WSIS stocktaking is intended to fulfill the dual purpose of providing an inventory of activities undertaken by the Government of Uzbekistan and all stakeholders in implementing the decisions specified in the WSIS Declaration of Principles and Plan of Actions and taking stock of the progress made in building the Information Society.
The information in the Report is divided according to the following WSIS action lines:
1. The role of public governance authorities and all stakeholders in the promotion of ICTs for development
2. Information and communication infrastructure
3. Access to information and knowledge
4. Capacity building
5. Building confidence and security in the use of ICTs
6. Enabling environment
7. ICT Applications
8. Cultural diversity and identity, linguistic diversity and local content
10. Ethical dimensions of the Information Society
11. International and regional cooperation
The summary of the Report (in English) is available on ICTP project website at: http://ru.ictp.uz/downloads/wsis_report_brief_2007_eng.pdf
UNDP’s project "Assisting the Government of Uzbekistan in the formulation and implementation of ICT for development policy" is aimed at supporting the development of ICT policy in Uzbekistan and facilitating use of ICT for achieving development goals.