Vice chairman of Vietnam National Assembly (parliament) Wang Tiu Liu met Speaker of the Legislative Chamber of the Oliy Majlis (parliament) of Uzbekistan Dilorom Tashmuhamedova on 30 June in Tashkent.
The Committee for Labor and Social Affairs of the Legislative Chamber of the Oliy Majlis of Uzbekistan held a seminar on the legal framework for prevention and treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). It was organized jointly with the AIDS Control Project in Central Asia.
1,435 kg of narcotic substances, including heroin, opium, marijuana, hashish and a large amount of poppy straw, cannabis and psychotropic substances, were burnt in Tashkent on 26 June, UzA reported.
During a charitable action held on 17-25 June in Tashkent, Uzbek and South Korean doctors operated almost 60 children, UzA reported.
The Senate of Uzbekistan Parliament approved the bill to join the UN Anti -Corruption Convention.
The OSCE Chairman-in-Office, Finnish Foreign Minister Alexander Stubb, will visit Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan from 30 June to 2 July.
Central Election Commission of Uzbekistan held its regular session on 24 June. The session was chaired by commission chairman Mirza-Ulugbek Abdusalomov.
Kazakhstan and the World Bank joined forces in 2001 to build an eight-mile dam between two sections of the Aral Sea and improve management of water resources. The project cost $86 million and was 15 per cent funded by the Kazakh government, with the World Bank providing the other 85 per cent. Today, discussions are continuing between the two sides over expanding the revitalization project by building a second dam.
The Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress (NPC), China’s top legislature, Thursday approved the Treaty of the Long-term Good Neighborly and Friendly Cooperation between Member Countries of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), Xinhua reported.
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in Uzbekistan on 20-25 June supported conducting the Youth Media Activities in Andijan, Ferghana and Namangan cities that included youth media training on covering youth issues with focus on healthy lifestyle promotion, media competition among young journalists and conference on youth TV studios.