The first meeting of the Ministers of Agriculture of the Organization of Turkic States (OTS) and the Turkic Agroforum
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- Today, on 4 July 2022, the First Meeting of Ministers of Agriculture of the Organization of Turkic States (OTS) and the Turkic Agro Forum are being held in Tashkent. The organizer is the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The event will be attended by the ministers of agriculture of the countries participating in the OTS (Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan), official representatives of the observer countries (Hungary and Turkmenistan), as well as officials of relevant departments, representatives of relevant organizations and leading companies, international and regional organizations. Within the framework of the event, B2B meetings will be held, in which member states of the UTC will take part.
Baghdad Amreev, Secretary-General of the Organization of Turkic States, said: “I am very pleased to see everyone today in Tashkent, at such an important event for us as the Turkish Agricultural Forum, which is organized for the first time in history. I express my gratitude to the Government of Uzbekistan for the respect and warm hospitality, to the Minister of Agriculture of the Republic of Uzbekistan Jamshid Khodjaev and his team for the successful organization of today’s event.”
Objectives of the meeting:
– assessment of existing multilateral cooperation in the field of agriculture and exchange of views on potential areas of interaction between members of the ATC and observers;
– coordinating actions to enhance synergies in regional efforts to improve food security through technical cooperation, capacity building and technology transfer, and increasing agricultural productivity;
– facilitating the transfer of technology and the exchange of experience, best practices and related knowledge between Member States and observers;
– study of the possibility of cooperation in the field of production of plant products and medicinal herbs;
– assessment of the complementarity of trade in agricultural products between Member States and Observers and the possibility of increasing intra-regional trade in agricultural commodities.
The Ministerial Meeting is planned to be held on an annual basis in the territory of one of the member states of the UTC at the initiative of the parties or in alphabetical order.
Turkic agricultural forum
Within the framework of the Turkic Agro-Forum, the focus will be on expanding economic interconnection in the agro-industrial complex, including increasing trade and mobilizing investments in the implementation of mutually beneficial projects between member states and observers.
The purpose of the forum is to create a single discussion platform on key issues of cooperation in agriculture.
The plenary session of the forum is devoted to the issue: "The current state and prospects for the development of cooperation in the agricultural sector of the UTC member states" consists of two panel sessions:
– Global trends and challenges in agriculture.
– Participation of the private sector in agricultural cooperation in the Turkic region.
Agriculture and agro-industry are the main assets of sustainable socio-economic development of the UTC member states. The use of the OTC platform will facilitate effective coordination among Member States, exchange of experience and best practices, find ways to increase investment and ensure that the sector becomes an industrial agribusiness.