Facts and figures: China’s fight against the new type of coronavirus epidemic
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) - China is stepping up efforts to curb the spread of a new type of coronavirus / 2019-nCoV / by building more hospitals and providing support to enterprises. Below are the results that have been achieved so far in this work:
- As of Tuesday, a decrease in the number of new cases with suspected infection with a new type of coronavirus has been recorded in mainland China for two days in a row.
- A total of 892 patients who were previously infected with pneumonia caused by a new type of coronavirus were discharged from the hospital after recovery, as of the end of Tuesday.
- The city of Wuhan in the central Chinese province of Hubei plans to re-equip existing urban facilities, including sports complexes and exhibition centers, into temporary hospitals to receive and treat patients with a new type of coronavirus.
- A larger number of medical teams were sent to Hubei to combat the new type of coronavirus epidemic. The team, which consists of 138 medical workers from hospitals in the Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region in northwestern China, went by plane to Prov. Hubei to participate in the fight against the epidemic.
- The city of Chongqing in southwestern China has developed 20 measures to support small and medium enterprises affected by the epidemic by alleviating their burden on loans, rents and social security benefits.