Central Bank studies the work of commercial banks and their services
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- On 10 January, the Central Bank of Uzbekistan held a meeting with representatives of commercial banks on the issue of timely, complete and reliable publication of information on the activities of banks and the services they provide.
At the meeting, it was noted that the disclosure by banks of information about their services ensures the right of consumers to receive reliable and complete information, and its absence is a gross violation of the bank's activities.
In accordance with the Law on Banks and Banking Activities, consumers of banking services are free to choose a bank and banking services, and banks, before concluding an agreement on the provision of banking services, must provide the consumer with the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the conditions of the banking services provided.
At the same time, the general conditions for the provision of banking services, information on commissions, tariffs and interest rates for the provision of banking services are public information and are published on the official website of the bank.
A study by the Central Bank of the state of banks' websites showed that individual banks did not properly comply with disclosure requirements.
For example, on the websites of individual banks:
- the current information is not posted;
- information about services is not updated, or the conditions of the services provided are not fully disclosed;
- the opportunity for potential borrowers to independently calculate the total cost of the loan was not realized;
- there are no opportunities to open personal accounts for borrowers,
- not implemented the possibility of filing appeals.
In this connection, banks that have committed violations in the field of disclosure of information through corporate websites have been given instructions to eliminate them.