National handicraft shops to be opened abroad
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) - A resolution of the President “On additional measures for the further development of craftsmanship and support for artisans” was adopted.
In accordance with the resolution, the regions of Uzbekistan will be specialized in the main areas of handicraft and diplomatic missions of Uzbekistan abroad will be assigned to them to facilitate the presentation and sale of handicraft products in foreign markets.
In the cities of the republic’s diplomatic missions abroad and other large cities, trading houses and shops of national handicraft products will be created.
Also, according to the resolution, there will be:
- The National Catalog of Masters of National Applied Arts was introduced;
- a register of artisans conducting activities in the field of tourism;
- A Council for the selection of candidates for inclusion in the National Catalog of Masters of Folk and Applied Arts was formed.
Starting from 1 January 2020:
- artisans included in the National Catalog and the Register, until 1 January 2023, pay a single tax payment at a rate of 2 percent as individual entrepreneurs, provided that the amount of their revenue from the sale of products (works, services) during the calendar year is more than 100 million soums and does not exceed 1 billion soums;
- the size of the state fee for newly undergoing state registration in the main areas of craftsmanship will be set at 50 percent of the size of the state fee established for conducting individual entrepreneurial activity;
- restrictions on the number of students in relation to artisans included in the National Catalog will be lifted.
The resolution approved the Roadmap for the further development of the handicraft industry.