Old coins and banknotes are being withdrawn from circulation
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- The Ministry of Justice of Uzbekistan registered a resolution on approval of the Regulation on the procedure for withdrawing from circulation coins and banknotes with a face value of 25 soums and below.
According to this Regulation, coins in denominations of 1, 3, 5, 10, 20, 50 tiyins, 1, 5, 10, 25 soums, as well as old-type banknotes with a face value of 1, 3, 5, 10, 25 soums, entered in circulation by the Central Bank, expire as a legal tender from 1 March 2020.
These coins and banknotes, without refusal, restrictions, payment or collection of mediation fees, are exchanged:
- until 1 March 2020, by settlement cash centers, commercial banks and their branches;
- from 1 March 2020 to 1 January 2021 only by settlement cash centers.
The deadline for converting coins and old-style banknotes to be withdrawn from circulation is set until 1 January 2021.
At the same time, calculations based on the requirements of customers and the public are carried out:
- by crediting to the accounts of a bank plastic card (in full);
- by exchange for coins and banknotes in circulation;
- by crediting to the relevant customer accounts, to the savings accounts of citizens according to their statements;
- by receiving for payment of utility bills or other one-time payments.