Uzbek universities to move to a self-financing system gradually
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- Presidential decree “On measures to introduce new management principles into the system of higher and specialized secondary education” was adopted.
The implementation of a unified state policy aimed at training independently-minded highly qualified personnel with modern knowledge and high spiritual and moral qualities in the field of higher and secondary specialized vocational education has been identified as one of the main tasks of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education.
In accordance with the decree, the following are formed at the Ministry:
- Institute of Pedagogical Innovations, retraining and advanced training of management and teaching staff of vocational education;
- Service for training workshops, technical regulations and metrological control;
- Research Center for the development of higher education and the introduction of advanced technologies.
Territorial administrations for the development and coordination of vocational education of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, regions and the city of Tashkent have been established.
The position of the Deputy Minister of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education on Youth, Spirituality and Enlightenment has been introduced in the structure of the central apparatus of the Ministry.
The decree approved:
- organizational structure of the Ministry;
- structure of the central office of the Ministry;
- type structure of territorial administrations for the development and coordination of vocational education of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, regions and the city of Tashkent of the Ministry;
- A plan of comprehensive measures to improve the quality of higher and secondary specialized vocational education.
In accordance with the decree:
-the structures of higher educational institutions are approved by the rectors of the respective higher educational institutions in coordination with the relevant ministry and department for subordination;
- Rector of a state and higher educational institution with a state share is appointed to the position and dismissed by the Cabinet of Ministers in coordination with the Administration of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the recommendation of the head of the relevant ministry and department for subordination;
-the directors of the state and higher educational institutions with the state share are appointed to the position and dismissed by the heads of the relevant ministries and departments on subordination on the recommendation of the rector of the higher educational institution.
- candidate for the post of vice-rector for academic affairs is coordinated with the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education;
- candidate for the post of vice-rector for work with youth is coordinated with the Central Council of the Union of Youth;
Candidate for the position of Vice-Rector for Research and Innovation is coordinated with the Ministry of Innovation Development.
Starting from 2020, higher educational institutions are gradually being transferred to a self-financing system, taking into account their financial sustainability and increased demand in the educational services market for individual areas of undergraduate education and graduate specialties.
Now, the rectors have the right to extend the terms of payment of contracts.