Tashkent metro to receive new cars
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (Uzdaily.com) - In April 2019, Uzbekistan Railways and the Russian plant Metrovagonmash signed a contract for the purchase of rolling stock cars for the underground line in the city of Tashkent, in the amount of 5 trains with 4 cars.
Currently, at the plant of JSC Metrovagonmash, work is underway to manufacture the first three of the above trains. In particular, the bodywork has been completed, work is underway to equip components for electrical equipment, pneumatic equipment, video surveillance systems, etc. Pilot supply of new modern cars is expected in the near future.
The cars for elevated lines of the Tashkent metro directly from the factory are produced with brand coloring. The side walls and doors of the cars are painted white, and the tricolor runs along a horizontal line along the entire composition, reflecting the basic colors of the national flag of Uzbekistan.
Each composition has white head lights and red tail lights. The roof of the rolling blue-shade rolling stock, smoothly descending to the level of the doors, as well as rolling over to the corner sidewalls and the bottom of the frontal part, the center of the frontal part is black, with an informational running line of the route direction and symbols of Uzbekistan Railways.
The proposed metro cars of the 81-765 / 766/767 series have new technical solutions that save up to 35% of electricity, and the use of a third generation asynchronous traction drive reduces operating costs by up to 40%. The technical characteristics and advantages of the new cars also include:
- Hermetic interwalk transitions of the "accordion" type provide a through passage for passengers throughout the composition and thereby increase its capacity;
- The passenger cabin is equipped with automatic double leaf-sliding doors, four on each side. Doors are increased by 12% and exclude accidental clamping of passengers;
- Between the cars, instead of the standard automatic couplers, backlash-free coupling devices are installed, which increase the smoothness of the course and prevent the cars from crawling onto each other;
- The desired temperature in the cabin is maintained by air conditioning, heating and ventilation systems. Also, a system of air disinfection using UV lamps, located in special protective boxes in the ceiling of the cabin;
- Each car is equipped with a modern passenger information system with the possibility of broadcasting TV channels;
- The cars of the train are equipped with a video surveillance system, in each car ceiling cameras are installed, as well as cameras above the emergency communication units, there is an automatic fire detection and extinguishing system;
- In the driver’s cab there is also a monitor of the video surveillance system and the video review of the tracks and doors of the rolling stock cars.
The source of financing for the project on the acquisition of rolling stock wagons are:
- loan of the State Corporation "Bank for Development and Foreign Economic Affairs" (Russian Federation) in the amount of 22.14 million euros, refinanced by the National Bank for Foreign Economic Activities of the Republic of Uzbekistan, granted for a period of 10 years;
- loan from the Fund for Reconstruction and Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the amount of 5.535 million euros, refinanced by the National Bank for Foreign Economic Activity of the Republic of Uzbekistan, granted for a period of 10 years;
- Funds allocated from the State budget of the Republic of Uzbekistan, in the equivalent of 0.11 million euros to cover the costs of customs clearance of imported goods for the project.