Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan to strengthen cooperation in tourism
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) – A delegation of Uzbekistan, participating in the 43rd session of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee in Baku, met with the chairman of the State Tourism Agency of Azerbaijan F.Nagiyev.
The parties expressed satisfaction with the increase in travel between countries. At the same time, a huge untapped potential in this direction was indicated and an agreement was reached to strengthen cooperation in the following areas:
- intensification of the mutual exchange of delegations, incl. in the framework of participation in international events.
- cooperation in the mutual promotion of the tourism potential of Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan through the exchange of airtime in the leading TV channels of the two countries, as well as the establishment of advertising billboards in Baku and Tashkent for free.
- joint organization of combined tours, training, exchange of experience;
- use of the capabilities of the institute “ambassador for tourism” in order to increase the flow of tourists between countries;
- consideration of the establishment of the Silk Road network of international tourism universities.
Following the meeting, a Memorandum of Understanding in the field of education and science was signed between the International University of Tourism "Silk Road" and the Azerbaijan University of Tourism and Management.