Graduate Internship Center at the Ministry of Labor starts its work
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- On 25 June, Minister of Employment and Labor Relations Sherzod Kudbiyev held a meeting with participants of an internship program at the Ministry. During the meeting, the Minister congratulated the interns on the successful completion of the selection. The competition for one place was 34 people.
“The internship program at the Ministry is a great opportunity for the younger generation to climb the career ladder. However, to achieve high results, you will have to leave your comfort zone and believe in yourself, in your own strength,” Sherzod Kudbiyev said.
Of the 826 applicants, 24 participants passed the selection on an open basis. Among them are graduates of both domestic and foreign universities.
The participants of the internship program work in the following areas:
1) improvement of labor migration processes, where participants are involved in the work to create a center for preliminary professional and language adaptation in Namangan region;
2) project - management of a joint project with UNDP “Promoting youth employment in Uzbekistan”;
3) Uzbekistan’s accession to the WorldSkills International Association and the creation of the national WorldSkills Uzbekistan Association;
4) reengineering of public services of employment assistance centers;
5) optimization of business processes of the State Labor Inspectorate.
During the meeting, program participants made presentations of projects in the areas in which they work, and received comments from project curators and the ministry’s leadership.
The internship program is aimed at finding talented young people, attracting them to public service, preparing for professional activities, as well as promoting their future career. It should be noted that the program for young professionals is paid and will last three months.
Following the internship, some of its participants will be invited to work at the central office of the Ministry, as well as subordinate organizations.