Uzbekistan intends to accelerate the development of telecommunications infrastructure
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- The Ministry for Development of Information Technologies and Communications of the Republic of Uzbekistan published for discussion a draft resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On measures to accelerate the development of telecommunications infrastructure in populated areas of the Republic of Uzbekistan”.
The document plans to approve a number of measures for the development of telecommunications infrastructure in localities.
According to the document, telecommunications networks, facilities and objects, including mobile base stations of operators and providers, including landlords installed in leased territories, regardless of their form of ownership and departmental affiliation, will be considered important engineering and communications infrastructure objects.
The transfer, dismantling, as well as any interference with the operation of telecommunications facilities by third parties is carried out in the absence of other possibilities for resolving the issues raised and only upon agreement with the Ministry for the Development of Information Technologies and Communications, as well as the owner of the said facilities.
At the same time, the costs of telecommunications operators and providers for carrying out work on the transfer or dismantling of telecommunications facilities, their commissioning are covered by a third party - the initiator of this requirement in full.
If there is an application from a tenant living in a building for the provision of telecommunications services, building owners and private homeowners ‘partnerships are not entitled to refuse and prevent telecommunications operators and providers from conducting telecommunication networks inside buildings using low-voltage cable mines, areas and infrastructure to house telecommunications equipment on free of charge, with the exception of the installation of mobile base stations.
When calculating the income tax and the single tax payment of legal entities (with the exception of operators and telecommunication providers), the taxable base is reduced by the amount paid for data access services, including the Internet.
Regardless of the signal power, the operational fee and payment for the use of radio frequency communications by wireless data transmission using Wi-Fi technology in the radio frequency bands 2400-2483.5 MHz and 5000-5999 MHz are not charged.
For the use of state-owned real estate for the installation of telecommunications facilities, the minimum rental rates equal to the rate in the category of "electrically conductive communication" are applied without the use of multiplying factors.
The authorities also intend to allow, as an exception, operators and telecommunications providers to carry out construction and installation work of telecommunications facilities till 1 January 2024 in parallel with the development of their design and estimate documentation.
From August 1, 2019, it is planned to introduce an order in which:
- a) operators and telecommunications providers who have ensured the creation of telecommunications infrastructure for budgetary organizations located in remote and rural areas under public-private partnership, with the exception of mobile operators, are guaranteed for 10 years:
- the use of their services by budget organizations and state unitary enterprises in remote and rural communities;
- it is provided for the fulfillment of the terms of the partnership access to the Internet by JSC "Uzbektelecom" at uniform rates, regardless of the place of connection;
- provision of budget organizations in remote and rural areas on a free basis of space and infrastructure for the placement of telecommunications facilities intended to serve the organization, as well as the population and other legal entities in the region;
- b) the expenses of telecommunications operators and providers for the creation of telecommunications infrastructure for budgetary organizations in remote and rural areas under public-private partnerships are deducted from their taxable base for income tax and the single tax payment.
In addition, until January 1, 2022, it is planned to exempt imported telecommunications facilities from customs payments. Telecommunications operators and providers are exempted from paying value added tax, when transferring telecommunications facilities and structures to separate subdivisions.