The company said high train leaves Tashkent at 8:00 and arrive in Samarkand at 10:30. The return train leaves from Samarkand at 17:00 and arrive in Tashkent at 19:38.
High-speed train Afrosiyob started to carry out regular trips between two cities from 8 October 2011.
Afrosiyob train, produced in Spain by Patentes Talgo S. A., runs at the speed of 250 kmh and passes the 344 km distance between Tashkent and Samarkand in two hours.
Total capacity of the train makes up 257 people. The electricity train consists of two locomotives, 8 passenger cars and one dining-car. The train has VIP, first class and economy class places. The trains can be used by people with limited abilities
- High-speed train Afrosiyob to run five times a week
- First high-speed Talgo electricity train arrives in Tashkent
- First high-speed electricity train carries out first trip from Samarkand and Tashkent
- Uzbekistan plans to launch high-speed railroad by 2015
- High-speed Afrosiyob train starts to run between Tashkent and Samarkand
- High-speed train Afrosiyob transports over 3,000 passengers
- Uzbekistan Temir Yollari to get second Talgo train in mid-December
- Second Uzbekistan-bound Talgo arrives in Russia
- Second high-speed train Afrosiyob arrives in Uzbekistan